when teething is there an order?

I mean if a baby has started to cut their first tooth on the bottom..how long will it be before the next one? Do they come in side by side or just which ever comes threw first? yes its my first baby so im new to all of this

jorjiegirl

Asked by jorjiegirl at 10:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well i don't think there is an exact order they come in... my dd had a top tooth come in then had a bottom on the opposite side...but i do think they get their front teeth b4 canine and molars etc
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• not a specific order at all. USUALLY the front top and bottom teeth come in first but definately not with every kid. And generally the molars come last but again, not all the time. It's just up to your baby's teeth. :)
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 10:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The general order of eruption of primary teeth is:

Central incisors: 6-12 months of age
      Lateral incisors: 9-16 months of age
      Canine teeth: 16-23 months of age
      First molars: 13-19 months of age
      Second molars: 22-24 months of age

Don't forget to keep track of which ones came in first, second, third, etc. You can use this to predict which teeth will fall out first.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• all but the canine and back molars just come in randomly, as far as I know. My son just turned 2 and he had all but the back 4 molars when I took him to the dentist for his 2 year check-up. Canines were the last to come in before that time. Dentist said molars should be coming in any day and that "they were the hardest and most painful". He started getting unusually grouchy about a week later and I felt the back on all 4 sides and I could feel one of them at the surface.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• good question i'd like to kno as well
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• There is no telling... they can come in super fast like my sons (he had all his teeth by 15 months) or it can be till there 3 b-day! Good luck... By teething tablets (at walmart, all natural) They saved my life :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010