What type of work do you do from home?

I want to find something to do at home and earn money.. What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• While it can be great to get ideas from others, make sure you choose something that excites you and you feel really great about. Otherwise it's not likely to work out for you.

I do three things, I'm an online coach to people trying to lose weight or improve their fitness (while I lose weight too). I sell Avon and I'm a consultant for Spa Girl Parties. You can get more info at my website if you want to http://www.mynewonlinecoach.com - Also, if you want to send me a message, I'm on a lot of message boards and have friends in a HUGE variety of other home businesses so I'd be happy to give you other information besides just what I'm doing.
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 3:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I am a day care provider. I love it. I make almost twice as much as I did working ouside of our home. Staying at home with 4 two year old all day can be stressful so I take a class 2 nights a weeks to get away!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I work with a health and wellness company. I just introduce people to the products, benefits available (They actually have health insurance and health savings plans available), and discounts through retailers that they can get from being a customer and help them sign up. If your interested PM me for more info.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I have a few careers, lol, but what I do from "home" is represent Arbonne -- over 500 products for the entire family, skin care, baby care, makeup, aromatherapy, etc. I adore it. I just did makeovers today for breast cancer awareness in our local mall and it was so fun!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 6:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Im a writer. I have a business management/marketing degree. I also have a trade as a cometologist. I love being a hairdresser, but I was gone from home long hours in order to support my childern the way i like. single mom, 2 kinds in college, one in jr. hi. Anyway, I started writing beauty advice for local paper columns and for new beauty businesses starting up. My marketing ideas started catching on, word of mouth,etc., next thing I knew I was at home writing full time. My hours are crazy, but Im close to the kids, home, etc., I took the long way around to find what I love to do. Good luck.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I work as an online tutor for my college, but I know there are sites like tutor.com that do a tutoring service if you're not in college. It doesn't make enough to pay all my bills, but it sure cuts down on the time I have to spend outside of the house away from my kids.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My husband and I have an Amway/Quixtar franchise. I have used all the products forever because my mom bought them when I was little. The support system is great and has helped both my husband and I (before kids when I was working) advance in our individual careers as well as be able to work together.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I am with Ameriplan. If you don't know what we do it's simple. We provide low cost dental and health benefits. Our benefits are a great alternative for those without conventional health insurance. The savings is 40-60% on average and actually goes as high as 85% depending on the plan you choose. Our plans are only $19.95 - $59.95/mo and cover an entire household... Our company is 16 years old and DEBT FREE! So we aren't really effected by the economy today.

Our training and support is just awesome! I tried a number of other companies and never got this level of training or support... The best part is I don't have to SELL products to people month after month after month just to make an income, EVERY peice of business, both member signups and recruits, bring residual income of $6- $18/mo. That can add up rather quickly!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I work for two company that I enjoy. By using natural products and promoting the company I get paid. Also I don' t have insurance, so I worl with Ameriplan because they give me great health benefits. For more information you can also check out my profile.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I also work from home with Ameriplan! I truly LOVE what I do. I get to help people SAVE money on their dental and medical expenses and I get to help people MAKE money working from home. My goal, is to help as many people afford healthcare as I can and to bring Mamas (and Daddys) home to their children and show them that there is a better way!! If you can commit to this business for at least 1 year...you won't even recognize your life!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 9:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2008