My 15m old son is such a momma's boy. Refuses daddy and will not stop screaming if I or his 3 yr old sister leave the immediate area. What to do?

anjuliesmom

Asked by anjuliesmom at 10:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I remember reading about this stage in my psychology book and its normal, your son will most likely also go through a phase where he only likes daddy. Have you tried to get them to do something your son likes, dont just leave them but start doing his favorite activity together and then as he starts to get more involved with daddy you can step away, go back and check on him but let them try to spend more time together. Its not going to be over night that he will want to be away from you but just keep trying. Good luck. :)
    NalimalanisMom

Answer by NalimalanisMom at 11:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It's normal unfortunetly and a phase. Just don't show anxiety when you hand him off to daddy (I know you want to cringe because you don't wnt to hear him cry, but act happy as can be when handing him off instead will help sooth some of his fears). And don't jump up to check on him. Let daddy and him spend some alone time together and eventually he'll calm himself down. In face I suggest letting daddy and him spend more time together so he can bond more with him
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010