dnt judge me!!!!

my daughter is 4months old, she throws a fit everytime i put her in her bassinette, so i let her sleep wit me. i know its not rite. wat do i do???

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 1:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have co slept with all of my kids and still co sleep with my DD. Obviously I see no problem with it.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• its not WRONG to have her sleep with you. lots of people do it! as long as shes safe and you wont roll over on her or anything its fine if thats what you want to do. if you really want her to sleep in her bassinette though you just have to get her used to it. try putting her in it when she's asleep so she gets used to waking up there. and if she starts to fuss don't pick her up right away, wait until she really starts crying. then calm her down and put her back. it will take time but if you stay consistant you shouldnt have much problem!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Well, first of all you are asking a question.. what is there to judge? You want to know if what you are doing is right? That is totally your decision. I, personally, never started that habit, because it makes for bad things later on.. i.e., trying to move them to their own bed. But, if things are tough and it is the only way for you to sleep, then by all means do what you need for your own sanity. I can tell you though, she will get used to it eventually and if you can stand to let her cry it out, it will get better...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My son is 3 months old. He has been sleeping with me since he was born. I dont see anything worng with it. If the child is more comfortable close to you why not let them be. My mom has five kids and all of us slept in the bed with her when we where babies. I think you should do whats right for u and your baby.
    Texasmoma708

Answer by Texasmoma708 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• ohh hon i dont think its a question of it being right or wrong.. she's your baby, but in my opinion, i think its the bassinet.. she's far to big for it.. babies her age like to stretch out... hence getting into your bed.. does she have acrib? If so, see if she will start sleeping in that..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I had the same problem and my parents chewed my butt. i dont see what the big deal is she slept better through the night and i didnt mind her cuddling with me at all. but a lot of people told me that their kids slept with them till they were 6 so i decided once she fell asleep i would just move her to her bassinet and it worked great now i just lay her in there when shes almost out and shes perfectly fine.
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Sounds like your doing the right thing.. not the wrong. Co-sleeping has many benefits including reducing the risk of sids, yes thats right reducing.
    Banani263

Answer by Banani263 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Theres nothing wrong with co-sleeping. I slept with mine when they were little and eventually moved them to a crib.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Well, your risk for SIDS does increase with cosleeping. SIDS risk is highest among 2-4 month olds. You are her mom and you must decide what is right for your family. If you want her to sleep in her own bassinet, she needs to put into the bed sleepy but not out cold. She needs to learn she can fall asleep without being held.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 2:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You can sleep with her as long as it works for both of you. If you want her out of your bed, then you should get her out. If you're ok with her there, leave it alone. When you want her out, you'll deal with the crying then, it takes about a week of hell to get the baby into her own bed. Be prepared for it whenever you decide to take that step. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2008