How can I convince my husband to let our son rear face? (No, I am not a troll.)

I would really like to rear face our 2 and a half year old son. Hubby doesn't want to but he won't give me a reason other than he "doesn't want to. " He has a horrible temper and if I bring up the whole argument again he will start punching the walls.

P.S. If you really feel the need to call me a troll go right ahead, I don't care. Also I am not looking to start a debate. If you want to forward face your kids, that's fine, its your own business. You respect my decision and I'll respect yours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Okay, no rear facing after 1 year is SAFE. I would rather my child break a leg than a neck.
    OP-I dont know what to tell you, I was scared my hubby would be like yours, but after making him sit and watch videos such as those found on joelsjourney.org and kyledavidmiller.com He is a bigger rear facing advocate than most of the women on this site. Poor guy drive a nissan titan, with a big bulky rear facing seat behind him and has never once complained.
    I justify spending major money on car seats-such as britax-by saying that I would rather know that if the uni armaginable were to happen, that I did EVERYTHING in my power to prevent it. That means rear facing my 2yr old in a Britax, and harnessing my 6yr old in a Graco Nautilus (but soon to be in a britax too). My hubby couldnt argue with that. Try bringing him with you to talk to a CPST. You can find one in your area by going to safekids.com
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• MY husband doesn't want our children rear facing because everyone argument is its safer.. that your child will only get straches and bruised RF and if ther forward facing they then will damage there spine... Well RF your hit hard enough you can damage your feet and if it is hit as hard enough to cause damage in the feet it can cause it in your spine. Where as being FF the impact is center and the force is distributed and will cause minor injures. To each is own my children are FF and I see so problem with it they have been doing wonderful..

As a parent you should realizw your child is only as safe as your driving crappy driver = accidents. YOu also need to keep your eyes on the road and watch for other Dumbasses. Just ask if you cna switch cause its safer but its also his child so he has a say in how things are GL
    Anonymous

• I think the bigger issue here is that your husband is abusive, and you're afraid of him. Hon you really need to talk to a domestic violence counselor. your DH punching walls over something like this is not cool. Can you rear face in your vehicle at least? Our kids are forward facing at 1 year, but that's our personal choice.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Are you talking about rear facing carseats?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Did you get called a troll today or something??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Just a quick question but how do you rear face a 2 1/2 yr old arent their legs too long?
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Wait im confused? Are we talking carseat wise? Its actually not safe after a year old to rear face your child....
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• PS whats with the troll thing? Why would anyone say that? seems odd
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• *unimaginable
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010