was your child born with or do you know a baby with a foot deformity? positional or otherwise

my daughter was born with her foot turned out slightly. i was told it'd probably positional which means she got it from the way she was positioned in me. just wondering if anyone has experience with this, and if it fixes itself or not.

Kainalu55

Asked by Kainalu55 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My neighbors child has club foot and has worn a brace since he was born. He is 1 now and it is almost time for the braces to be removed.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My daughter came out with her toes touching her shins. Both feet. They eventually fixed themselves Except her right foot. She walks on her ankle. It is going to be hard to correct, but several peditritions told me to relax. That around 2 yrs it will magically fix itself. Shes 16 mo We shall see.. GL mama
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 11:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• we are hoping to see an orthopedic surgeon for it, just waiting to get accepted at Shriners Hospital. Her pediatrician thinks it will fix itself, but i'm still worried and want another opinion. She's 10 days old today!
    Kainalu55

Comment by Kainalu55 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• ashisamom---- has his foot been fixed?
    Kainalu55

Comment by Kainalu55 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010