How to deal with not getting invited to a party?

I know this sounds totally insane, but I have to ask. I am part of a mommy group of about 6 mommies. We always go to playdates, parties, etc. And now I found out I wasn't invited to a birthday party and I am feeling really bummed about it. This mommy is coming to a baby shower for me on Monday. Should I say something, or just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• I would say something. Because you wont know for sure unless you are straight forward with her. Ask her why she didn't invite you. . . By the way if you live in MN let me know... I will invite you to our next get-together.
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 1:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I'm on CA, but thanks =) I'm so bummed that she didn't invite me when everyone else was invited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Don't let it ruin your day! There will be others and personally I always dreaded this kind of stuff for exactly this reason.. someone is bound to feel left out or hurt.. it's not worth it. Maybe talk about what a fun day you had that day and pretend you don't know anything about it... but thats just me...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• If it truly was everyone else being invited and not you, then I would ask her if there was something I did to offend her or anything like that. It could be that your invitation was lost or misplaced, you never know. Then, I would just let it go. It's really not worth stressing over or being upset about.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:28 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• where in cali? i live in northern cali... if you live nearby i would love to get together
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 2:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• There is nothing wrong with communicating and asking questions. Maybe she thought she send the invitations, maybe her feelings are hurt. The only way to know is to ask.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 2:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I'd mention it. Maybe there was a good reason you weren't invited? Maybe it wasn't because she doesn't like you or whatever you're thinking???
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I would ask her why? maybe it got lost in the mail the invitation and just ignore it if she gives you a snoty answer don't talk to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• She sent out evites.
    Anonymous

• Okay, I finally figured out what happened. She is still in the process of sending out the e-vites and she didn't have my address. Thanks for the advice =)
    Anonymous