Have you read about this?? How can this be ok??

Links

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20101006/ts_csm/330627

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101007/ts_alt_afp/usjusticerightsmilitarygay

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101007/ap_on_go_su_co/us_supreme_court_funeral_protests

And these are just some of the links about this...

How could anyone think that this would be ok to do at someones funeral??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 11:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• While I know they have the freedom of speech, there should be some places where prtests are not allowed (funerals and elementary schools) for instance. Last I heard, these people have no problem using hate speech in front of children. Hell, some of them have taught their own children the same hate speech they use. To me, they are nothing more then a loud mouthed cult!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Thank God for the Patriot Guard Motorcycle Organization! They try to "follow" this group around whenever there is a military funeral and they ride around them to drown out the protesters so the families don't have to hear them.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No it's not right at all. It's VERY disrespectful and makes me sick. That Westboro group is a brainwashed family of crazies.
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think they're sick and hateful. I am praying for the day they screw up so they can finally get what's coming to them...even if its just in court.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 11:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• These people profess to be Christians, it's not wise to do bad things and use God that way. And one day they will understand that, how they didn't get that part in the Bible where it says we are not to judge is beyond me! I am very sorry for the people who have had to endure their ignorance and disrespectfulness.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Those people are disgusting... and they are giving a bad name to Christians everywhere. :(
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• This kind of ties into another post, because they're both about freedom of speech and as I said there, unfortunately, it doesn't read as the right to the freedom of intelligent speech or expression.

On a more personal note my husband says if they like IEDs so much (some of the signs say thank God for IEDs) then why not let them go on a few patrols with an EOD or infantry company. They'll more likely than not change their tune real quick!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Those are some crazy evil people at that Westboro church ...they should not be allowed to do that but everyone keeps citing "Freedom of Speech" and that kind of PC stuff instead of arresting them and making them shut up. They should be stopped.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Is this the church thing? God hates america? I'm on my bb and hard to click links lolm
    If so they should be ashamed. Of themselves. but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• omg wow that was the first i had heard of that but wow. can we go protest at one of their loved ones funerals. I don't care if your kid was satan you don't do that to a parent grieving over their child. thats so freaking messed up.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 12:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010