Those of you with daughters....

Did you get her ears pierced? how old and how did they do?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they have to be 3months and i heard a few didnt stories from people on if they would or not i know when my daughter is 3 months old were going to get her ears done
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• my parents had my ears pierced as an infant and my second hole done when I was 2... it was actually my grandmother's doing, but still. I did NOT have my baby's done but I'm not against it. I honestly want her, when she is old enough, to ask me for it and understand it as one of those privilages and not a right. lol I want her to earn it and be happy with it.
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 11:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• nina was 3months old when her aunt took her she wore them till she was 1or2yrsold then stop at age 9yrs she wanted to get it done again and she only got one done,because it hurt to much,so she waited awhile before she had the second ear done, later on she has pierced her ears all by her self over dozen times ,and she now has no fear or pain lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i got my ears done when i was 6mon and they never closed and i am going to get her's done at 6mon to
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I waited until my daughter was old enough to ask to have her ears pierced.

I know alot of moms get their child's done early so they won't remember the pain and I understand that. I just never could with my own because as a baby, I saw her as so precious and beautiful just the way she was. I guess I thought it took away from the natural beauty of babyhood.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• between 3 and 6 months
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• At nine months we had hers done at the doctors office. She didn't cry any more than she has for any of her shots.
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 11:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had them done at 3 months. I wanted to do it when she was young and wouldn't remember the pain from it. I know I had mine done at 5 and thought I was going to die. Of course i know now that it was nothing but I didn't want her to have to go through that.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i got my babies ears pierced at 10 months. my 4 year old still doesnt have her but im wanting to do them soon as well.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We got our daughter's ears pierced last week, she is almost 9 months old. They didn't seem to hurt her that bad, it wasn't nearly as bad as shots, and they don't bother her one bit now. The only bad part was she really doesn't like strangers and got very, very pissed at the piercer touching her. If it hadn't been so quick, I might have given up and said we would wait. But all in all, it wasn't bad and she was over being pissed by the time my hubby swiped the debit card to pay for the earrings.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010