Man Shoots 2 Children in Elementary School in California

I don't know about you, but to me it just seems like a crazy world we live in, and keeps getting crazier. Why on GODS green earth would a person shoot at anyone, let alone children in an elemantary school? They say he MAY have mental issues, no kidding !! The parents owe the construction man who tackled the man a lot of thanks on this one, he was in the right place at the right time and had the courage to tackle this guy. What are your thoughts on this and our young children? Sounds like it will be a mental case defense from the head lines.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This is exactly we need tougher laws in this country. We are too easy on criminals so they are not afraid of going to jail or getting in trouble with the law because they all know that their punishment isn't going to be "that bad." Now go over to China and ask them what happens if they steal something or shoot someone. They don't mess around over there...which is precisely why their crime rate is so much lower than ours. You steal something, well then maybe you should have your hand cut off. You shoot someone...well maybe we should tie you to a tree and let people shoot at you. You torture and kill and innocent child? Well instead of warm meals, tv, and a bed in jail, how bout we let the parents of that child do whatever they want with your worthless body! Let's see how many people start thinking twice if we put those kinds of law in place.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• That hurts my heart to even think about. I hate how these things happen. Those poor babies.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 11:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I couldn't agree more, nuts are everywhere...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• thank god my kids go to a great school its in the middle of a field and you must go threw check point if not you do not get in...and in case or anything they do an emergency lock down...and kids get place in a special room...

but wow what a fucking sick fuck i hope he gets killed in prison
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Holy crap. This is in my neighborhood! I have been in my own world today preparing for a trip, so i havent heard anything about it, but i did notice a bunch of helicopters. This is awful.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I saw this today on the news. I dont know what they heck our country is turning into. It sad we cant even send our kids to school with out being worried they will get hurt or killed. Soo sad but I am glad they were not killed.
    Steph1499

Answer by Steph1499 at 3:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I agree with everything you said OP. I don't think I can add to your points at all. Well said.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/09/california.school.gunman/

There you go. CNN's story about the shooting yesterday.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• :sighs: Really sad and scary.Most parents send their kids off to school never thinking about something like this happening.Sick world we live in.Some of these situations though I do have to wonder if a teacher,at least, was allowed to carry could it all be avoided..Making sure the teacher was mentally stable and trained to use a fire arm first of course.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• can you give us a link? Im in cali and I didnt hear about this one,,,,where the heck did that happen and when?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010