Do your teen girls act like this?

We took my 15 yr old SD and her best friend on vacation and I was shocked to see how badly they treat each other. Cutting each other down, very personal attacks on each other physical attributes, calling names and slapping each other. Then minutes later they were laughing again. When I asked them about it, they said "we do that all the time- that's how we roll". Does anyone else have teen girls that act like this?

soonergirl83

Asked by soonergirl83 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i don't know about teenagers, but my bff since high school and i do that all the time. i'll tell her one day she'll grow up to be a girl, and she tells me how dingy i am...lol...there's truth in it but for us, its knowing each other, knowing how far to push, and simply knowing that even though we have next to nothing in common, we respect and love each other enough to tease each other about it. we laugh at ourselves. she's said "fuck you' on occasion to which i always reply "I'm not going anywhere shane's been."
    if its hurtful, it should stop. but if it doesn't bother them, its fine. its like i know your faults, find them funny as hell, and love you anyway.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:45 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• me and my sisters use to do it until we realized how dum it looked im 19
    t_cutie_07

Answer by t_cutie_07 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• We just got back from the beach too, my 14 yr old daughter and her friend went with too. There was the occaisional minor jab, I don't think it was quite like what you experienced.
    ToriandKylesmom

Answer by ToriandKylesmom at 8:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Theres a movie called odd girl out :A mother and her daughter confront the intimidation of teen peer pressure and the emotionally brutalizing social rituals of high school...its a good movie! Thirteen :A thirteen-year-old girl's relationship with her mother is put to the test as she discovers drugs, sex, and petty crime in the company of her cool but troubled best friend.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It is a personality thing I think. My daughter would NEVER be able to handle it... she would crumble under the pressure. From what I have seen with her group of friends they are very encouraging to each other. Of course her only friends are from our church youth group so maybe I am just seeing the good side of things. They are silly I can tell you that for sure, but not mean to each other.
    icclow

Answer by icclow at 11:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I guess it was all in fun to them, so I shouldn't worry about it. But they were hitting each other hard enough that my SD had some bruises on her arms and legs the next day. It's just a lot different than my friends and I were those many years ago. :)
    soonergirl83

Answer by soonergirl83 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• thats just how we act and how we remain friends with each other nothing to worrie about.
    phoebematthew

Answer by phoebematthew at 9:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008