has your 4 year old ever been diagnosed with thyroid problems or anemia?

I took my 4 year old to the dr today and she's really concerned about her weight. She's STILL only 30.7lbs...she goes between 29 and 30 lbs. The dr drew blood to check for thyroid problems and see if she's anemic. She also told me to give her pediasure 3x a day for 6 months!

**oh please no bashing!! she does eat, she just doesn't gain weight** if people wanna get mean or rude i will delete it!!

proudmommy690

Asked by proudmommy690 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• She probably really needs more of a workup than what they did, but they need to start somewhere, I suppose. I have a failure to thrive kiddo who consumes a HUGE amount of calories. She probably needs her organic acids checked, glucose screen, and stool samples done to see if she is not processing her food properly. Celiacs is one of the more common reasons for lack of weight gain.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2010