Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

would you think something bad happened in your childhood? adult content

I honestly think something happened to me in my past as a young child, but I can't bring myself to ask my parents about it. The reasons why I'm concerned are I had horrible nightmares for as long as I can remember, I wet the bed until I was about 10, I had sexual fantasies since kindergarten, I have always had a problem with people touching me (hugs and kisses, even from my parents and sisters, really bother me), I have felt threatened by men since a young age, and since childhood I have been sexually frustrated...which led to a sex addiction that lasted until I met my husband. I might just be paranoid and jumping to conclusions, but I have always felt the something's just not right. What do you think?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

Answers (5)
  • I think you should ask. Explain your feelings, tell your parents that you know that sometimes those memories can be repressed and you want to heal these problems and frustrations you ahve experienced over the years, and in order to do that, if you were hurt as a child, you need to know.

    I'm sorry you're having these troubles :( I'm sending healing vibes to you right now.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • Yes. I would be concerned that something had happened. I was sexually abused from the time I was 5 until I left my parents' home. I have experienced most (not all) of what you are describing. I have also worked with victims of sexual abuse. I think before you approach your parents, it would be more beneficial to seek a reputable counselor. But before choosing a counselor, do your research to find someone experienced in SA and who is trustworthy. The counselor can advise how and when to approach your parents.

    Answer by Ilovesnickers at 1:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • you should ask and try threapy it could help bring back regressed memories

    Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • Before talking to your parents I would seek a therapist/counselor to try and get to the bottom of these feelings. I have always been a firm believer in my "woman intuition" so I don't think your having these feelings for no reason.

    Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • i would ask and what your saying i go through and i had it happen to me where i was sexually abuse but i was 9 and 11 when it happen to me and i remember it all and i wish i could just forget it and i know the courts made my mom take me to counselor cause i didnt want to go and for me it made it worse but everyone is different it might help you

    Answer by neonangel2188 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.