I need Halloween theme first birthday ideas. HELP!! :)

My sons first birthday is on the 27th. I decided to have his birthday the Saturday following which is the 30th (the day before Halloween) I have been searching for Halloween themed first birthday supplies and can't find anything. Does anyone know where i can possibly find some at. Send me the link if possible. Also, we are on a tight budget and need ideas for party "games" There will be two 1 year olds and my daughter who is 3 and the rest of the kids are older then 10. I need something that can keep them all occupied at the same time. I thought of a hay ride but need some more ideas. Please help. Thanks in advance! :)

MommyofHDPnPCP

Asked by MommyofHDPnPCP at 1:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• My son's birthday is October 24th, so we've done lots of Halloween themed birthdays. I don't know about Halloween supplies specifically geared toward a first birthday, but one of the best games we did for all ages was the "mummy game". The kids are paired off, (I usually put one older kid with one smaller kid) on child gets a roll of toilet paper, and has to wrap his team mate like a mummy, the first team to empty their toilet paper roll wins.

We also bought each child a mini pumpkin, and had markers for them to decorate them, and had prizes for best, scariest, funniest pumpkin.

Some of our games were just halloween version of old stand by party games. We played "hot potato" using a small pumpkin, we did musical chairs playing "Monster Mash" for the music. That kind of thing.

Have fun!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Have you checked out your local dollar store, most of them have lots of halloween decorations and games out right now and you can tie them in with the party. I dont know of any 1 st birthday halloween decorations but maybe you can use a mix of both birthday and halloween decorations. Happy 1st Birthday to your LO.
    NalimalanisMom

Answer by NalimalanisMom at 11:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• you will be able to find everything @ dollar tree and hobby lobby
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010