Do you think 2 people who are polar oppisites can stay together long term?

Examples, they listen to totally different kinds of music

Completely different taste in shows/movies

One loves camping the other can't stand it

One is a major gamer the other can't stand video games

they have no hobbies in common

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Im really beginning to wonder myself. I would like to think so but me and my live in boyfriend have nothing in common at all. Now im 32 weeks pregnant by him & wondering how this is going to work. I dont like his music, movies activities & he dont like mine. The only thing we really have to talk about is our baby on the way & theres not really a whole lot to say cuz i found out i was pregnant early on. This is really bothersome to me. I wish i could answer the question but I dont really know myself.
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 1:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• oppisites attract!!! Me and my hubby have nearly nothing in common and we have been married 8 years!!!
    MommyofHDPnPCP

Answer by MommyofHDPnPCP at 1:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think if you are each willing to grow, you can.Wouldn't it be nice to spend your life with someone who helps you get outside your way of thinking/living? I really appreciate the way my hubby has helped me grow, because we are so different. ;)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• yep
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes it can go long term. Me and my husband have been together 23 years! I wont say there is nothing we like together but for the most part we are opposites. Our Music, TV, interests Im social he would rather be home but thats all ok. You can have your own interests, do your own thing with friends etc and still be very happy. What good with us is is its great between us. We are best friends, he knows me i know him and we love each other unconditionally. so bottom line u can be opposites and still have a great relationship as long as you keep whats good bewtween you two good.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My husband and I have very little in common, either, but we do share a desire to be together and make our family work. It gets tricky sometimes, but the good part is that I always find him interesting. (Ugh, I hate his television choices most of the time, though.)
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• hubby and I r that way we have our children in common but we do try to take an interest in each others hobbies.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2010