liscense to drive, carry weapon but not to be a parent?

I think raising kids is more important than driving. Why then can any idiot be a parent, but you have to pass a test to drive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sadly enough, I agree!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i agree too i know a few people that never should have had kids
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 1:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I agree but the simplest explanation I can offer is that.........when someone becomes a parent in the beginning it only affects that child/ren in that one family. But if someone chooses to drive or carry a weapon (a car is a weapon too actually) without a license (meaning they have proof that they are skilled to use both) they have the ability to impact lots of other lives outside of their own. But as I said, I do agree that raising a child should require a license or at least a class or some sort but I understand why the other two seem more important to the government.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just thank the goddess for social service and CPS.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Because you can't make someone have an abortion or force them to be sterilized. Everyone has the right to do with their body as they please, and reproduction is included in that, especially if we're allowing people to terminate pregnancies out of choice...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010