toddlers and pillows and matteress toppers?

I feel like my twins are uncomfortable in their cribs! their matresses seem so hard and cold even with a sheet. im looking into getting bedding sets for them and am curious as to what age you let your toddlers use a pillow.

and can i get a pillow top type thing for their mattress? i'm thinking i might just get a thin quilt to put under it, not too soft to be pillowy and weird just, enough to make it a warmer, more comfy place.

whats your opinoin, what did you do

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't know about pillow tops but my 4 yr old has had a pillow for a long time like at least since she was 2
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 1:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i gave my sons a pillow when they started stealing mine which was about 1.5 or two my daughter is now 18 months and we just recently gave her a pillow
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 1:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• about 18 months and up you can start giving them a thin pillow. My dd had the same problem with her crib mattress. It was a sealy no leak mattress and literally felt like an air mattress. So by the time she was 18 months we had her in a twin bed when she wasnt co sleeping with us.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010