Would transitional living be a bad idea?

Me and my hubby are staying with his parents right now with our "3" kids. The total amount of people living in this 4 bedroom 2bathroom is 11 people. My husband gets a almost 500 in va disability every month and i just started working a minimum wage job.....so our income is not enough to move somewhere comfortable. We are trying to move to raleigh nc which is 2 hours away from the small city we are livin in right now. We rarely have transportation to get anywhere unless it somewhere have to go such as taking the kids to the dr or when i go to work. The only access we have to internet is my phone but its not a smart phone or nothin so there are certain things i can not view at all. We want to be out of here before Christmas.......looking for ideas, options, or maybe other suggestions of what we should do in the sitution. Even my 5 year old is misreable but at least my other two are too young to understand!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Travel

• I know how hard this must be for you,,,well, maybe just a little bit, cause I lived with two kids in a one bedrm apt for 2 yrs. You are already in transitional housing, right where you are at. Go to transitional housing where? Where the heck are you gonna go at this point? Unless your in-laws are unbearable, I would stay put till things improve financially for you guys. Im so sorry you are going through all of this right now.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I can sympathize. When I was in middle school my dad found a job in the city an hour from the town I was born in. The catch was we had to live with my grandparents until we had more money saved up to get our own place. So that was my parents, me, sister, grandparents and uncle in a three bedroom, two bath mobile home. It was a nice one but not at all big. We were miserable. We did have a car but my dad used it to drive to work 45 minutes each way. My parents scrimped and saved every dime they had for around four months so we could move. That is my only advice. Save every little bit you possibly can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010