Home-made costumes

Does any one still make costumes for your kid(s)?

rivmom

Asked by rivmom at 1:40 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I do. I hand sewed their costumes in 2004, 2006 (we didn't trick or treat in 2005) and 2007. There have only been 3 costumes they have worn that I didn't make myself. The Tigger costume we bought for our oldest when she was 16 months (all 4 kids wore it their first time ToTing), the Raggedy Ann costume my oldest wore at 2 and 3 (my mom made it for me) and the Darth Vader costume my son wore last year (someone gave it to us but he wore a cape that I made).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Yes! This year my daughter wanted to be an Ice Cream Cone again (she was on last year as well). I took white panty hose (3 pair), cut off the legs and stuffed them with pillow stuffings. I made 2 of them smaller and 4 regular. I stuffed the 4 under a white shirt that I hot glues "spinkles" made of cut ribbon. The 2 smaller ones I hot glues to a wide headband, glued on more sprinkles, and added a cherry on top made of a styrophoam ball painted red with e brown pipe cleaner stuck in it.

I have a picture on my profile.
    SemperMeGina

Answer by SemperMeGina at 1:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My kids would probably be ashamed of themselves if I made their costumes! lol...I really don't have a creative bone in my body. My mother made a lot of ours though. I guess the good news is I didn't have to buy a costume this year because my daughter is wearing one of her "dress up" outfits to be the Little Mermaid. The kids do get good use out of their old costumes though...they play dress up all the time!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2008