Progesterone

Does anyone here take Progesterone supplements? Did it help you? Can you get these over the counter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• I took them when I was pregnant with my son and my levels were low. I dunno if it was the suppliments or just my body, but the levels went from 6 (too low) to 10 (just barely high enough) in less than a week.

You CAN get progesterone over the counter, but it is in cream form, not pills or suppositories, and it's not as strong. You use it like lotion in specific areas of your body (your inner wrists, thighs or belly).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My DR prescribed progesterone after I miscarried. With it I was able to carry DS to term. I only took it for the first trimester and then didn't need it any longer. My sister took it for all 4 of her pregnancies. As far as I know you can only get it from your DR. It only takes a simple blood test to see if your levels are low
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I took it with all my pregnancies. Its a perscription only as far as I know. The dr can check your levels and tell you if you need it or not. There is a vaginal pill and an oral pill they can perscribe. Usully you only take it for the first trimester though becasue of my miscarriages I took it for the first 5 months. Good luck!!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010