Question for those whose husband has had a vasectomy - how long was it until your husband was not in pain anymore?

My husband had his done on Thursday and tonight he is saying he feels like the pain is getting worse. I looked at the incisions and did not see any streaks or anything that indicated infection but he said he feels pain in his abdomen. I researched and some men said they had abdominal pain for several days or weeks after their procedure. And I do know the doctor is the best source of advice but it's after midnight here and the only option is the ER for $100 and right now DH won't consent to let me take him in.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• Mine was in pain for well over a week. Just follow the post op instructions, make sure he is taking his painkillers and if he has to put ice on it, that will help. If he has pain meds prescribed to take every 4-6 hours, he should do that until he gets his pain under control.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010