How do you motivate yourself to...

clean your house? I try and keep it tidy, but with a toddler, its an endless job. Some days, I dont want to clean because it is NEVER ENDING. So..
How do you get yourself all psyched to clean when you just dont feel like it?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 1:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I put my iPod in. I work better to music. Believe me, it takes everything I have to get motivated. Sometimes I wait until everyone is asleep to do things like fold laundry, sweep floors, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I sit and wait for that cock roach to stroll by,,,lol....You just get sick and tired of being sick and tired. You come in here sometimes and ask questions about house cleaning, and the neat freaks answer you with these really super common sense answers. Sometimes the answers guilty you into cleaning,,lol,,sometimes they just make you feel like a scene from the show, "Hoarders" You will be just fine. Its just a house hon...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• oops, must have spelled the first part of roach wrong,,my bad!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• LMAO @ beyandhopes! I crawl in the floor. I have 4 boys so its never clean. Even at night, but if I crawl on hands and knees with a basket then the boys have. A basket to empty. And if someone knocks on the door I throw it in the closet or bed room. Lol I am not a hoarder! Lol
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i mainly just clean the kitchen every day so that i dont get bugs and other places that the kids have food around often like the table but leave most of the rest of the house for once a week. that way i dont over due it and it still gets done. i have a three and four year old and i get them to pick up and put away their own toys and after they are finished i give them some kind of treat such as stickers, yogurt, raisins. or sometimes before we go outside i tell them that after they pick up their toys we will go outside, watch a movie, go bye bye, ect. that way you dont have to do it all yourself.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 1:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sometimes I just do the basics like picking up. I wake up, and it's the same thing everyday...lol I wish I could stay on top of everything, but sometimes I just need a break.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Nothing wrong with being comfortable. But there are boundaries to help make it easier. For example: the area where your toddler plays. Get a King Sheet. Paint pictures on it. Bright colors to attract your Toddler. You don't have to be an artist. Do circles, squares, hearts and flowers. Put the toys on it. When day is done and their done playing. grab the four corners and put it in the closet until tomorrow. Another idea us using empty boxes. Make square holes in the side for doors / windows. Then stack them in the garage. Or take a blanket/ sheet. put it over the table for a tent. Put another sheet on floor and toys on top. They'll have fun for hours! Hope this helps

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 10:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately I live in "unannounced pop-over-ville!!" UGH! So THAT motivates me to keep the main floor clean and organized--hence the matching man caves for my husband and boys in the basement!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2010