What would happen if...

What would happen if you got tired of being your spouse/SO /and children's maid by sweeping all their stuff under their beds or in their closets to leave with them to deal with?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 1:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• im od so if that were to happen i would got nuts an stir crazy an put it were it belonged
    Tryingforbaby1

Answer by Tryingforbaby1 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• lol, tryingforbaby! I was just thinking the same. I AM tired of beeing the maid and still I'd tidy it up.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Chances are I'm still going to be the one to pick it up. If I leave it, it's going to grow into an even bigger pile...lol
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• it's easier to pick it up than to get the broom! ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I "trained" my DH to clean up after himself very early in our marriage. If I asked him to put something of his away & he didn't do it after 3 days, I threw it away. When he pitched a fit about my tossing his stuff, I very sweetly told him that I thought he didn't want it since he didn't put it away after 3 days of asking him to. He very rarely leaves things lying around now. We taught our son to clean up after himself the same way - if it doesn't get put away after 3 days, apparently it isn't that important & it goes in the trash (or to be donated/recycled).
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Bravo mom2aspclboy! I like that idea. You don't mind if I use that do you? You are a very wise woman! LOL
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• lol, you go for it. I can't take credit for the idea, though, 'cause my Mom told me that's how she "trained" my Dad!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010