Do you think we should have a woman President in office?

There will be a woman running for office in the next election?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 1:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It can't just be a woman just to have a woman. Hopefully, we learned a national lesson that just anyone representing a group isn't the best idea. The person actually has to be qualified for the job and not have some warped personal agenda to "fundamentally" change this nation. We were fine just the way we were put together. The progressives have been chipping away at the foundation for a century. Hopefully, it ends with the progressive in office. But, a woman......well, they have served other countries as queens for a millenia. Why not here?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If she is a good candidate, then yes. It totally depends on who the woman is and who she is running against. I wouldn't vote for her or not vote for her just because of her gender.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 1:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I will vote for the person I think is best qualified for the job, the person who best represents the values I expect to see in the POTUS.

Gender and skin color are not things that I consider when I think about how qualified a person is for the job.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I doubt there will be a woman running, and I wouldn't vote for someone based on their gender, but it would be NICE to see a female in office.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If I felt the woman in question was the best person for the job / I agreed with their platform more than the platform of the other people running, then yes, I do think we should have a woman in office.

However, would I vote for a woman just because she was a woman? No. For that matter, I wouldn't NOT vote for a woman just because she was a woman, either. No more than I would vote for or against someone because of their race. I think, when determining who is going to sit in the chair of one of the most powerful people in the world, we should think beyond what color or gender they are - basically, WHAT they are - and we should focus instead on their actions and beliefs - in other words - WHO they are, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't really see what the difference is between having a man or a woman in office. I am confident it will happen someday but I am not looking forward to anyone voting for anyone based on gender.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 1:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If she was qualified, sure!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would IF she were the absolute BEST candidate running...not JUST because she was a woman--which many voters WOULD do/did!! However, the top females in government today, IMO are NOT the best candidates.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think we should elect the most qualified person, and not base our decision on gender, race or religion.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Agree with Jesse..I think it would be wonderful to have a woman president BUT i'd never just vote for a woman only because she is a woman.If her policies/principals did not match up enough with my own then i'd vote against her instead.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2010