Sleeping with a friend

Do you think that two people who are friends with benifits can turn into more of a relataionship? Or will it always be just a sexual relationship? Also...do you think if your friends with a man and sleeping with him that is more than just being friends? Thanks

Like if two people hang out and have mutual friends but they sleep together dose that make them more than just friends but not in a realtionship or are they just friends?

JustWhoIAm

Asked by JustWhoIAm at 1:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• That doesn't make them more than friends... but friends sometimes end up in relationships (usually in that case though one of the parties does not want a relationship and will run as soon as it starts to look like its headig there)
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 1:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I mean I guess friends with benefits could turn into a relationship but that would have to be a decision made by both parties.. I agree with seturkey when she put that one party might run if they think the other is wanting more out of what is going on... So, usually friends with benefits.. is almost always just a pure sexual relationship. Just take it as what it is.. a toss in the hay or whatever you usually would say.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think it could work, but you have to both be on the same page. My experience with this is that if the guy wants to be friends with benefits he doesn't want to be your boyfriend. Sorry.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just friends in my opinion unless you both agree to be in a relaionship which probably wont happen.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• as long as the understanding of not crossing the line into relationship is understood, HAVE ALL THE SEX YOU WANT!!!!!!!
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 10:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think there is a possibility that friends with benefits can become a relationship, if they want to.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I had a friend like thatonce and we never thought we were in a relationship but we had alot of fun together. We werent telling each other what to do and we were happy with that. Now im maried not to him of course but we still have a good friend relatioship together so yeah its definetly okay.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 12:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It sounds like you WANT this friend to be your boyfriend. If that's the case you need to talk to him. Yes, you do run the chance of ending the relationship now to end without him as a friend but it could go the other way and you could find out that he wants a relationship with you as well.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010