Do you ever feel alone and scared?

Ever feel like you dont fit or have a place in this world? I do right now..not sure what to do about it. I just feel like something really bad is going to happen. I feel really alone right now. Not sure what category to put this so i put it here

JustWhoIAm

Asked by JustWhoIAm at 2:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm the same way, I'd go talk to a doctor about your feelings if you haven't done so.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I dont like to talk to peple about my feelings or life in person...just cant do it...i have tired to before. I just wear a mask all the time
    JustWhoIAm

Comment by JustWhoIAm (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think your experience is really common.

One of my favourite authors points out that 'the sense of overwhelming paranoia and no fitting in' is completely ordinary...

And I agree. I think it is completely ordinary. The question is: do you think there is any value in 'fitting in'?

Some people do. I don't.

I don't want to fit in, I want to stand out. I don't want to be 'one of the many' --I want to be myself. Myself isn't one of the many --it's me,. and me alone.

In some ways, that's frighteningly alone... but in another way, it's tremendously liberating. I get to be me. I get to think about whether or not I 'should'... whatever... but it's also tremendously powerful.

It may surprise you that courageous people are not fearless.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Been there. Embrace how you feel. Then look inside yourself and really think about the things you love about being alive. For example, I love thinking of standing on a mountian, the beauty of earth, the soft smell of my baby, the love I feel for my kids, the warmth I've felt at different times in my life...hold on to those moments and reflect on the good about yourself and your life. When I do this, the loniness subsides and I am empowered to control my own heart. It is all a matter of focusing on how wonderful you and your life is and putting the bad in perspective. Good luck.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You could journal. You could even start a blog, anonymously even. I bet if you did, you'd get wonderful feedback, and help others.
    I feel ya. I had one really good therapist when we were stationed in Texas. I wish I could have packed him when we moved. You have to be open to therapy for it to work in the first place, and you aren't open to it. Not yet. So, journaling or blogging might help.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I feel alone sometimes but never scared, I don't scare easily and it doesn't bother me to be by myself
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010