What are you voting for?

When electing a president and other government officals, what stands do you take? What do you vote for?

Are you voting for a particular person or party or just against another one?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Fiscal Conservancy. Yes, it's five thirty, and I haven't been to sleep yet. Baby's mad I left her at the sitter.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Right now I just want all the idiots we have in the house and senate out of there. I'll vote whatever will accomplish that.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I dont vote by party and vote for who can do the best job for our country. You cant say your a democrate but say the obama is doing a good job because he has failed horribly. I dont know if mccann would have been a better choice but I do think it would have been the best of two evils. Gotta do whats best for the country no matter what.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Fiscal conservancy, smaller government, accountability! Not many candidates fit those requirements (the ones in my state/districts (PA) do--Dent and Toomey...and while he's not the BEST candidate, Corbett for governor is FAR better than what we have now in Rendell!) :o)

I still tend to lean toward the Republican candidate, but now we have the TEA Party vetting many candidates for us, so their endorsement means so much more, and I would likely vote for a TEA Party backed candidate over any ol' Republican any day! :o)

I think it's fair to say that FOUR YEARS of Democratic control haven't gotten us very far!! I say it's time for change, and I'm by far not the only one who agrees!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• THIS time around, and in two years?? HOPE AND CHANGE, BABY!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• This November I am voting to stop  Obama from turning us into a socialist country.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• This time I am voting to preserve our Constitutional Republic, a return to a symblance of fiscal responsibility, and, hopefully, seat a Congress that has at least a speck of humility and remembers they work for the people and the people don't work to support them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I vote for less government every time I vote. This time it will also be to change the way government does what it should do. I want people in government who believe as I do and that's someone for less regulation on everyone, more fiscally responsible and someone who believs there is to much corruption in the way government works.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• YOu people sound like Obama is like Darth Vader or something! I assure you he will not bring unbalance to the force my friends!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Well, I would HOPE that everyone votes according to each candidate's record !!

It would be idiotic to vote as if this were a football tournament, and lump candidates into this or that group to root for one team's defeat and for that team's victory.

I realize that the news media has for YEARS been portraying elections like that: "Who do you think is gonna win the race for governor?" "Who won the debate last night?" ... as if it were a boxing match or a horse race. They REEALLY waste time on predictions and on watching candidates' strategies, and they waste OUR time as well.

They COULD spend their air time showing information, like the facts behind candidates' accusations of each other, like explanations of the laws that a candidate opposed or supported ... you know REALITY and information.

Thank goodness, nowadays you CAN get candidates' voting records online ... Sean Hannity is one place I know of ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010