What Are Some Good Colors and Themes for Baby's Room???

Boys and Girls

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 2:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think sage green is suitable for everyone at any age... it's a nice neutral green and green goes with everything. You can accent with pink for a girl, if you think that's necessary (or white and butter yellow for a softly feminine Not Pink pallet) or blue and darker green for a boy.

Lilac is a good idea, for the same reason: add pink and red for girls and it's a lasting (maturing with her) scheme, or you can add navy and a much darker purple or black for boys that doesn't stop looking masculine even for a late teen.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If you are not sure what the baby is going to be you can always be safe and go with the jungle theme. There are so many different things you can add to it when the baby comes to accent it being female or male. That is what I did and Lisa loves just laying there looking at all of the animals.
    giggsnmater

Answer by giggsnmater at 4:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• girls purple and boys green
    bball34gurl4

Answer by bball34gurl4 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I like lilac for a girls room, with butterflies. My daughter has this, and it is so pretty without being over the top princessy.
    Boys, powder blue, with pirate themes.
    dayle7

Answer by dayle7 at 3:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• For my little guy we've gone with browns and greens. He felt like a monkey on the inside, so why not let him be one? There are lots of monkey themes out there right now, and Babies R'Us has some cute brown and green (and monkey) receiving blankets. A friend of mine made us a beautiful baby quilt out of them without even knowing our color scheme. And then the jungle theme goes along great with it.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 5:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I didmy daughter pink, light green and light purple (animals). My sons room was brown read and blue (sports). Have fun!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010