Do You Fall In Love or Grow In Love???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 2:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you can fall in and out of love. But the love that has staying power is the love that you grow in.

“God gives us love. Something to love/ He lends us; but, when love is grown/ To ripeness that on which it throve/ Falls off, and love is left alone.” Alfred, Lord Tennyson
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 3:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think you fall in lust, and grow in love. IMHO ;)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• both
    bball34gurl4

Answer by bball34gurl4 at 3:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Well...

I saw my husband for the first time when I was 15, at the pool near my house. The first thing the crossed my mind when I saw him was 'oh... that's what my husband looks like...' Which I thought was pretty weird at the time.

I loved him on sight. I've loved him ever since.

Learning to put aside my personal intolerances and petty mindedness has been a lifetime challenge... so I've definitely grown in love. But it was for sure love at first sight, too.

It's a process, not a product.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• True love you grow into! I think you can fall in love with people but its usually temporary. The one you love forever you grow into.
    Monica84

Answer by Monica84 at 3:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yep, both. The things I loved about him right away are things I still love about him, but I've grown in love with him, too, by learning more and more about him over the years. Love grows when you see things you don't like and decide that he's still worth it.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I believe both definitely happen. I fell in love.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would have to say grow in love my first boyfriend whom I lived with for 3 years, He helped me run away from home and I never got to my destination, he took care of me and before you know it I fell in love with him. My now husband wanted me so badly he didn't give up on me I moved in with him and the love grew.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010