What Creates a Weak Child???

I hear it alot when guys say Mommies babying the lil boyz makes them soft. What else does???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 3:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Over indulgence/spoiling and poor parenting/lack of parenting are equal contributors to weakness. There needs to be a middle road in order to have well-rounded, respectful children.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think we all have weaknesses, some are just easier to see than others. Some of the "hardest" people have crippling weaknesses. I think weakness is relative. I don't think that just because a boy is sensitive that he is weak, I see it as a strength. Boys who are babies by their mothers learn more fully how to treat a woman and be emotionally present in a relationship. What woman wouldn't want that?!? =)
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 3:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• over indulgence for a child is not helpful.
    dayle7

Answer by dayle7 at 3:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Breaking trust, destroying important attachments and attempt to 'make' children independent when they're far, far too immature to be responsible for themselves and still deeply need parents.

For some kids it's 12 and for others it's 18... but flinging children out on their own is actively dangerous and creates mental and physical weaknesses that are terrifically difficult to overcome as adults.

I like the term 'gentle the baby'... because children need their needs met, and when their needs met their needs disappear. When they're forced to cope, soothe or otherwise be independent, their needs persist into elderly adulthood, making them extremely vulnerable to anyone who can exploit their weaknesses.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Children need to be allowed to grow and develop their strengths. They need to be given the opportunity to succeed and fail on their own.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It can vary but and weak is such a vague term. I was a weak child and I am still weak in some ways as an adult due to an emotionally damaging parent. I know what mistakes not to make with my child. I don't think you can love your child enough and loving your son alot will not make him weak or a "mommas boy" in fact most mommas boys have codependency issues because their mother was not nurturing in the right ways so they cling on later in life and these mothers usually have codependency issues themselves and baby the son when they are too old out guilt. I have a bachelors in psychology and partly through my masters as well as a mommas boy as an ex and i know what happened to him as a child.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 3:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think weakness comes from having little self esteem, I think that a child that is raised in praise will never be weak.

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A few typos in my response and there is no edit button
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 3:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Nothing. It is the person they are born to be.My DD is so string willed NOTHING could make her weak and it certainly is not mothers babying their sons because my mom babied my brother so bad he like never got in trouble and still doesn't and he is FARRRR from weak!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Bumped ya!