Do you believe you can be a Christian and believe in the methaphisical world (psychics, spirits, readings, etc)?

Monica84

Asked by Monica84 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Not only does God "speak" directly to us but Christianity also has the prophetic, spiritually sensitive, to help us understand God's message. I am a prophetic Christian with the gift of "Discerning of Spirits". I have seen and felt the presence of both evil spirits and Heavenly Angels. We have no need for psychics or readings as long as we rely on God and the Bible has many scriptures that speak about spirits, they're nothing new.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I believe you can.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Of course you can...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sure, why not?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Well of course. Wouldn't you kind of HAVE to believe it to be able to believe ALL of the Bible?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.
    -St. Augustine of Hippo

I think the same can be said if one chooses to piece together beliefs from multiple sources to create one's own version of "truth."
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 1:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Except the "spirits" part of your question, Monica84, because of course Christians believe in spirits. There are two kinds: our soul (which means a ghost or spirit could possibly be the soul of a departed human) and demons (which are fallen angels who work to sabotage our souls).

Maybe you are referring to conjuring spirits, which Christians cannot participate in.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 1:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It's not about believing it or not, the Devil and his Demons are very real, it's just about trusting ONLY God, if you do that then you don't need some Psychic advice. You can't mix both.....SOrry!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 2:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Well... since God is technically a metaphysical being, then yes.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yeah I am Christian and I believe all those things.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010