What do I do if my husband refuses to make his brother move out?

My husband and I let his brother move in with us until he went off to collage...He droped out and now lives with us again in our 2 bedroom appartment. I have a 2 year old whom he is currently sharing a room with and one on the way. I want his brother to move out so that we can make room for the new baby and my husband doesn't seem to see where there is a delim.

MamasGotBlues

Asked by MamasGotBlues at 1:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• What a frustrating situation, as if it wasn't hard enough to take care of a baby without added guests! Are you charging him any kind of rent, or giving him a timeline as to when he needs to have money saved up for his own place?
    kari0779

Answer by kari0779 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i agree, right now he probably thinks it's ok cuz its family and family shouldn't let family go out on the street but your husband has to reallze once he got married he became obligated to another person. YOU. so i would sit down and have a convo with your husband. let him know it was ok for you brother to stay before but now with another baby on the way it's impossible for him to stay there. yall don't have the room and he needs to move on. get a job and find his own apt to live in. hell move back with their parents if he needs to but his time is up
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Asking you to tolerate this is very selfish of your husband. He may feel obligated to famly, but, you and your child and the other on the way is his first obligation now. Make him understand it.Or ask how he would like to pay child support?
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:17 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• that is tight living spaces... explain to your husband that you no longer feel comfortable living in that small of an area with all of you being there (you may even want to put in, "if someone would call children services, it would reflect badly on you because that does not leave enough personal space for the child, at the age of 2 your son is supposed to have a space of his own, unless he is sharing a room with a sibling close in age and the same sexual orientation)
    -sounds like its time to give the brother a schedule/ultimatum.. maybe give him 1 week to find a job or get out, and if he does find a job then give him until his paycheck + 1 week to find a place or he's out regardless
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• You make his life a living hell, and he'll move. Done it before, it works
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 3:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• tell your husband the brother needs to go or he needs to get you guys a bigger place that can accomidate all of you.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• there is your answer. tell him no sex until me makes his brother move out. i had to do that with my ex-husband.
    paige1980

Answer by paige1980 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2008