• In the Spotlight:

RENEWING OF THE VOWS??

So my husband and I will be married for 5 years next Sept, I would absolutely love to renew our vows, I don't want a big ceremony instead I would love to go to Vegas and do it in a chapel there! My question is, is 5 years to early to be doing something like this? It's clear that we love eachother but I certainly don't want to wait 20 more years to marry him all over again. What is the proper time frame to renew vows?

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 2:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband and I are waiting till our 20th... However, my mother and father renewed their vows on their 5th, their 10th and their 20th... so whenever feels like a good time for you is how long you should wait. If you feel five years is good... then go for it. :-)
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 2:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Are you kiddin me...If you are still that in love after 5 years together...Marry that man again! Yes! do it! And....have the wedding that you both want...who cares about anyone else...this is a celebration of YOUR love.

Will I be sittin on Priscilla or Elvis's side! LOL

Congrats...and have a blast!!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I want to do that on my 10th. This is our 9th year together, so I'll start planning soon. We did not have a formal wedding, so I want to have one for our 10th anniv.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My parents have been married 46 years and they've never done it, but she's talking about wanting to do it for their 50th. She never had a "real" wedding and wants one, I think it would be neat to have the big wedding she never got ! with the cake and all! My Dh and I have been married for 16 years and really haven't ever thought about doing it. I think it's a wonderful gesture of love, I'd do it now!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• GO FOR IT!! GOOD LUCK!!
    Anonymous