MY 2 YR OLD TELLS ME SHE HATES ME.

she only watches the noggin channel, she's not around negativity and is in preschool. in school they can't believe it when i tell them about her behavior. they tell me its inpossible she acts in such a manner, she never even catches fits n school. i ca't explain how mean she can be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if your child says that she hates you....then you are doing your job! We are NOT supposed to be friends to our children...We are their parents! Of course she doesn't like you...You are the one telling her ..."no"! No..you may not eat 20 pieces of candy... No...You may not stay up all nite and watch TV. No....You cannot hit, scream, throw temper tantrums...and the list goes on....

You will have plenty of time when they have children of their own...to be friends. Right now...Take it as a compliment to your parenting....Job well done!

PS....
    I also advice my children...that we don't use the word hate.. I correct them " I dislike Mommy! " LOL
    If you don't react with shock to the comments...she will probably stop saying them.
    Good luck and hang in there!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Is this a real post? If you really want to know, kids don't need to be taught to be mean or negative, it's human nature. You better step up your game because you sound like your 2 yr old is bullying you! She's going to be running your household in about 6 mos or so if she doesn't right now! You're the adult, she's the kid. Why are you upset she's being "mean" to you? You need thicker skin or you won't make it in the Mom world.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• You know what....honestly, most of the mothers I know have had their children tell them that on more than one occasion. My child used to break me down with that phrase to get what he wanted. I started ignoring it and walking away and it stopped. I never knew where he got it from either. Once they realize that it's not getting to you then they realize it's not worth the effort to be ugly.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• no offense - but she probably needs a spanking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• She probably only does it when you say she cant have something or do something,, RIGHT My kids have tryed that and I just would say "Good now do what I said"...She is just trying to get her own way thats all...And that thing about not being around anything negetive...If you are going to try to raise your kids in a bubble...They are not going to know the real world. Bad and negetive is a part of life.

Answer by louise2 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• WELL I WENT THROUGH THIS WITH MY SON HE ALWAYS TOLD ME HE HATED ME AND I WOULD ALWAYS TELL HIM I LOVED HIM EVENTUALLY HE STOPPED SAYING IT..
    mommasboys001

Answer by mommasboys001 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2008