how can i stop breast feeding?

i have a son who just turned 1 years old..and he has a habit of waking up in the middle of the night and drink my breast milk..i really try not to give it to him..but he keeps on crying until i give it..how can i stop giving it to him? its soo hard =/ someone please help me!

zahireen

Asked by zahireen at 2:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried the breast flow bottle? Babies will take to that better than a normal bottle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• also with the breast flow bottle hold him up to you like you were going to breast feed him but put the bottle there... most of the time they just want to be that close to you and feel your skin...
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 3:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Are you just trying to night wean or wean all together? If you are trying to night wean than having dad get him back to sleep is your best bet. Have dad pat him and sooth him back to sleep. My 10 month old still nurses quite a bit at night, but it doesn't bother me since we cosleep and I can sleep while nursing him.

I wouldn't recommend weaning completely until at least 2 years as is the current recommendation of the World Health Organization.

I don't know why people are telling you to use bottles... I'd much rather just have to wake up and pull out a boob in the middle of the night, rather than wake up, walk to the kitchen, make a bottle, and then feed the baby. By that time the baby will be extremely upset and much harder to put back to sleep.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 1:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2008