Do you like to have kids stay the night at your house?

I hate when one of my kids asks if their friend can stay the night. Absolutly loathe it. Anyone else? Am I the only weirdo who hates having other kids over?

v8v

Asked by v8v at 7:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Our kids had friends over a lot when they were middle school age and older. The big deal was having home made pancakes in the morning. Fun............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Well, I have three kids right now at the age where they have sleepovers and yes I like having sleepovers. I am very picky about who they invite and they are each only alowed one person at a time. My kids have some really good, well behaved friends so it's not usually an issue. They also go to others for sleepovers so I feel that we pay for their child and then they return the favor and feed our child and what not. We follow the same rule for driving , I drive one way, another parent drives the other. Even steven.
    littlemd

Answer by littlemd at 7:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• no, I really don't. I'd love for my kids to have a fun childhood, but thats one of those things that isn't fun for me
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I dont like kids over....I will send my kids over to the moms that do! lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• WELL THE WAY I SEE IT MY CHILD HAS POOR TASTE IN PEOPLE AND THE ONLY ONE OF HER FRIENDS THAT I CARE FOR NOW LIVES WITH US AND IS GOING TO COLLEGE BUT MY GIRL HAS A PROBLEM WITH HER NOW .I AM CONFUSED WHAT DOES SHE WANT FROM ME?OH IT WAS MY GIRL WHO BEGGED FOR HER TO COME LIVE WITH US.
    hitchhicker

Answer by hitchhicker at 8:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't really like them either, I have 5 kids and if they want to go to a friends house.....thats wonderful! lol
    tattoomom3789

Answer by tattoomom3789 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i do like it.. it keeps my 3 year old out of my hair lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have three kids.. and as each of them has gotten older it is not uncommon for my daughter to ask for two or three girls to sleepover...every weekend!!! And honestly ...I really can't stand it anymore.... They are here for dinner the night before... here for breakfast the following day...then lunch...and Dinner..Can't seem to get rid of them! They are 14....
    Sunshine201

Answer by Sunshine201 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I hate it and only allow it once in a great while. Our home is small and the noise they make keeps everyone else up.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't mind the kids my children hang out with. They are all nice and respectful. It is more about me. I just hate having people stay the night. I hate having to watch myself with other children around. Also the entertaining them factor. I hate feeling like I have to keep them fed and happy. Like hosting a party all night. Its annoying to me. I like my nights to be "off duty."
    Thanks for the responses.
    v8v

Comment by v8v (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2010