my doctors think i have early preeclampsia, what will happen to my baby girl if shes delievered?

mandie2010

Asked by mandie2010 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• if you are full term (36 weeks or more) the baby should be okay. 36 weeks is still a little early so if they absolutely have to induce you they might test to be sure the baby's lungs are developed enough to be delivered early. sometimes they have to take the baby early for the safety of the mother and the baby. they might not induce early though and just keep a close eye on you. good luck
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• How far along are you they won't. Deliver you unless it gets really high it stay that way and you're spilling protein I'm getting delivered at 37 wks Sunday bc of it and I've been on bedrest but its bc I'm far enough along if you are earlier they normal do at home bed rest then hospital possibly manage it w drugs and if nothing works then you get delivered my sister got induced immediatly at like 160 of 115 and mym mom had bedrest in hospital since 28 wks so it all depends on how you do they'll give you steroids for you babys lungs I'm confident in the process and my drs you two will be fine they always do whats best
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• OK, I looked up some of your other questions and it seems that you are 33, almost 34 weeks now, correct? Well, the good news is--while anything prior to 37 weeks is considered 'preterm' children born at this stage have a very high survival rate.
    They will definitely have NCIU doctors available to take care of the baby. They might need to use an incubator to keep her warm and might possibly have some equipment to monitor her, but at this point, her outlook is very good.
    Just take care of yourself. I know you are worried, but stress will only make things worse.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• How far along are you now?
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I was 35 weeks when I got diagnosed with PIH-pregnancy induced hypertension/pre eclampsia. The dr made me go on very strict bedrest until 37 weeks...my baby stopped growing at 35wks though, she was teeny. Good luck to you.
    begamom

Answer by begamom at 12:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I had preeclampsia and ended up with placenta abruption due to it so my son was born at 35 weeks but was perfect he weighed 6lbs 13oz and fine.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010