can an 8 month old infant eat MULTIGRAIN cheerios?

she has 4 teeth so im not concerned about that. i didnt know wheat was a common allergy til recently. is multigrain okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave it to my son. I looked at some of the products in the store geared toward the 6 month and up crowd and it contained wheat as well. I talked to the doctor and he said that if there was a history of a wheat allergy in the family, then I should wait, but if not it would be fine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My 8 month old has eaten them too. He's eaten little bits of lots of stuff, just watch for any kind of allergic reaction like you would normally do, and if he doesn't react badly to them then they are fine.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yea wheat is not a common allergy there is celiac disease which requires a month long diet and blood work tht gives you a maybe or no that you have an intolerance my brother has it and a lot of people don't get the test now and just assume they have it lol so I think its been blown waaaay up just if your worried give her those and don't introduce new food for a week so if she has a reaction you'll knw it that
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My son was eating mutligrain Chex at the age. LOL So, go for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• YES!! :) my son did! oohh I cant wait for real food(daughter is 2 months lol) :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yep! Our son loved them then, and still loves them at 2.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No! They contain wheat, which is an allergy trigger. Wait until your child's first birthday.

Try puffed rice

Answer by rkoloms at 4:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't. Any good healthy table food is far superior to processed. Teeth ARE NOT required my baby girl (1 YEAR) has no teeth and eats whole apples.
    check this out, its worth it. baby led solids particularly the Gil Rapely Article.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We did it. He was fine.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010