Is it normal to weigh 10 lbs lighter in the morning?

The other day, i had a physician come to our house for life insurance, we're changing our policy. Anyhow, they have to come do a physical on you. So, she weighed me & i was 10 lbs heavier than i was that morning. I FREAKED well, because i thought i was on a diet....LOL! I always weigh myself in the morning. So, for the past few days, i've weighed myself morning & night. And it seems as if i am 10 lbs heavier at night! What the heck? Is this normal? And which weight is my "real" weight?

Why do i weight 10 lbs heavier at night, that seems like a lot to me...

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 8:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My son says yes. He also says that you are taller in the morning. He is almost 18 and has been taking advanced classes in High School for 3 years now. I don't know if it is true or not but he says that it is!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• That seems very severe. A couple of pounds can be perfectly normal, but 10? It makes me wonder if something's going on with your body's regulation of water. I'd see a doctor, cause that's a weird amount of difference.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• 3 to 5 pounds is the norm as far as weight fluctuations go throughout the day. 10 seems to be a bit much, maybe call your Dr and just ask them about it. It could be something very innocent, but you never know. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i'd blame it on the scale and get a new one.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I too, would assume something is wrong with your scale rather than your body. Replace the scale and see if it helps.
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I do weigh about 3 or 4 pounds more in the evning. 10 pounds seems a bit much. But if you use the same scale in the morning and at night, the scale is not wrong.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My husband fluctuates in weight by about 15lbs a day. He is overweight, and I think that makes a difference in how much that fluctuates. I know I am underweight and only fluctuate by about 1-2lbs a day, so it would make sense IF you happen to be overweight.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 11:40 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yep.
    food, fluid levels, sodium... life!
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010