Do you save Box Tops?

Do you ever wonder what all your kids school has gotten from Box Tops?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 8:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• Yeah they should send home something at the head of the year letting the parents know how much money was raised from the box tops.
    nicolew_83

Answer by nicolew_83 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i do wonder actually.. but yes i actually sent 7 with her yesterday. hmm
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We do save box tops. Don't know what I'll do with them next year as High Schools cannot turn in box tops and my youngest will be in high school. But at our elementary school, box tops are designated for the library and our librarian orders books with the money.
    At the middle school, it is also designated to the library and the librarian I volunteered under used the money to purchase supplies that school district did supply such as covers for paper back books.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, my son's school collects them, I honestly have no idea what they were used for last year =/
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My kids are still babies. But previously when we lived down south our church had a box for one of the local schools. Now I give them to my girlfriends daughter...I tried to give them to my nephew but my SIL never sent them, figured this out when I was doing their laundry one day and washed a bunch of them.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• they use them for lots off stuff supplies, computer equipment , books, I'm currently trying to get my kids school to save them
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, we turn them in twice a year at my son's school. Last year, I turned in 420 the first time and 200 the second time. I don't think I will be able to turn that many in this year though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes we do. We're a very small school, so we don't get a huge amount collected, but most of what we get in return goes towards technology - because we are such a small school it's harder to get grants & whatnot to buy computers, pay for someone to come in and set stuff up, etc - and the school can't afford to just go drop a few thousand for stuff like that without help! I think the last couple years worth has been set aside to go towards new office equipment, as they're doing a little remodel to the school to set up an actual main office instead of putting the secretary in a large closet in the back corner.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2010