All Christians should read this all the way through...

If there are any Christians here who are uncertain about which presidential nominee they should vote for in November, please read this letter in its entirety. Thank you so much.

http://www.wnd.com/files/Focusletter.pdf

wondermeg

Asked by wondermeg at 4:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• im sorry, but i think that was stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I am not a Christian and I read it. And I bet I can safely say for most ot the CM's on here this is silly.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

•  I am so sorry if I came off as rude in my above post. Many of us CM's are exhausted with fear tactics. That is for democrat and Republican CM's Most of us are not saying vote one way or the other ,rather, just present the facts. I know you are doing what you think is right and are showing genuine concern. Present your candidates facts and policies. Sure there is freedom of speech and I applaud your passion for your party as well as your faith. The fear is only pushing people away from all walks of life, no matter the party, no matter what faith. Brightest Blessings to you.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:32 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Thank you for your concerns. I am probably one of the biggest advocates on this site for doing your research, citing your sources and backing what you say with the facts. This is not about fear tactics. If you read this all the way through and carefully, you would understand this article and what it is about. The future of this country is very uncertain right now and it is not wrong to recognize that. However, I do not think that looking at the possibilities in a logical manner is wrong either. Like the article stated, the best way to predict a persons future actions is by their past actions. The article simply and methodically looks at the operation of the Liberal party and Obama's voting record and postulates on the future. I expect to be slammed very hard for posting this, but that's life. ;-)

wondermeg

Answer by wondermeg at 5:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Unless you're a christian, I see nothing wrong with most of what that letter says. Personally I think Christians have been pushing their views on the rest of us for far too long, and I think it's about time that they take a back seat in government. You are free to practice your religion the way you see fit, but stop forcing the rest of us to follow along. If you don't like it, than go somewhere else.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• As I posted in the Political and Current Events section when someone posted this letter:

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. If I didn't know anything about the authors, I would think it was a brilliant satire.

Don't be surprised if we see this on the Colbert Report.

MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Very good article and like the author said it may happen. He never said it would but it could. Is this something we as Christians want for our country? The Non-Christians will not care and many would like to see the Christians suffer .
    The bible says if my people would humble themselves and pray, I will heal their land. 2 Chronicles2: 13 "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
    So be it! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• As a Christian myself I find this letter offensive and nothing more than an attempt by someone with an obvious agenda to instill such terror to sway people from voting with their minds and switching their vote out of shear terror! Pretty consistent with the fear tactics after 9/11. Also as a Christian I don't allow those that would use their prejudices to interfere with my thinking. If you had posted something factual and real, I would have considered it. Not this.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Hold on a second..Shaneagle777, no one wants anyone to suffer. In retrospect we want to stop suffering. Fear only breeds hate and intolerance and prejudice. Not everyone believes the same way and not everyone has the same lifestyle. To say that we want Christians to suffer is so far fetched. All most of us are wanting is acceptance and the same rights. How is that so wrong? Is it making Christians suffer to give gays rights? No. Is it making Christians suffer to ensure that people not of the same faith are treated as equals? No.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• If that is really the way you feel all I can say is "bless your heart" and feel so sorry for you
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008