• In the Spotlight:

Do you like to go Yard Saling?

I love it because you never know what you are going to find.

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 8:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• I actually hate yard saling - hate it. But I love the deals. It's a catch-22, except that my in-laws love, love, love it so we just ask them to keep an eye out for things and we'll pay them back if they find something for us. They are seriously the king and queen of yard saling and he loves to dicker so they're always finding great deals, and I don't have to waste my Saturday mornings picking through others people's crap they don't want. Win win really.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yep, I just bought two ride-in cars and a bunch of Little People stuff yesterday. I especially like to go to sales in my own neighborhood to meet my neighbors.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I love yardsaling. I love finding perfect clothes for a quarter each. Toys for a $1.00. We live in the perfect place for yardsaling. It is a military town and they move often so they get rid of their things. It is definitely win-win.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Absolutely. Some of the best things we have are from yard sales. When we lived on an army post, there were yardsales once a month, that was always awesome. Plus at the PX there was like a "consignment wall" of things people were getting rid of due to moving most of the time. You could get the best things on there. Our coffee table and end table were $40 and they are and still are in great condition. Ihad glass ones I had to get rid of before baby, so I sold mine and bought "new" ones. And the toys you can find are the best deals.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• One of my very favorite things to do!!!!
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 9:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My mom and I go every Saturday! Today was the first weekend my hubby didn't work so we dragged him along, haha, but he actually enjoyed it. He bought 2 huge nerf guns "for his nephew" but DH played with them the whole morning lol! I hit the jackpot today though, because I found a lot of nice home decor stuff that is just my taste (rare find) for super cheap! Most of my son's clothes and toys came from yard sales, but I'm very picky and only go for stuff that could pass as brand new, not all worn out and yucky..
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I garage  there is where I find my music CD at a bargain.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would love to be able to go yard saling, but DH is deployed and there is no way I'm going to be dragging the kids in and out of the car! The youngest 2 are almost 2 and they don't like the carseats as is, so it would be more of a pain that I care to deal with! I need to start setting money aside and go yard saling, but I just can't think of anything that we really need and I'm trying to get rid of stuff to declutter!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 11:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• LOVE IT!
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Hubby has the car this morning for work or I would have been all over the place looking! Great find, Evansmommy91! I love finding decor that works with what I like. I dont always find clothes for me, but I can usually find some shirts and jeans for my son. Shirts I dont mind if some of them are worn looking, because he needs a pile of them. I hang on to his nicer shirts so that if he has a meltdown the good ones dont get ruined.
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010