What is the best way to let my boyfriend know that im pregnant? We've talked about it before and he said that he's not exactly ready for kids right now but that if I ever got pregnant he wanted me to tell him right away.

Im sure he'd make a great dad but im just scared that he will be mad at me.

Nikie352

Asked by Nikie352 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why would he get mad at you? It takes 2 ya know! I hope you have been together for a while, and are on your way to establishing a life together, both financially & emotionally. If he is mature about this, then things should work out for you. Dont wait too long to tell him. Sit him down & just come right out and tell him. I hope you get the reaction you want. Good luck & congrats :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Rent the movie "Knocked Up" and tell him afterwards. : ) Good luck. If all else fails, just spit it out, or write it in a card.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Two things....a dinner of baby things....baby carrots, baby peas, baby back ribs etc. or hand him a computer printed calendar page with a baby sticker on your due date. If he's mad, he'll get over it. Sticker shock will wear off hopefully he'll get excited about it :)
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 9:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just tell him, it's not exactly all your fault your prego he had an equal part in making the baby. And he might not be ready for kids but I'm sure he'll change his mind once you tell him. Hope everything goes well! :) Congrats
    nicolew_83

Answer by nicolew_83 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Thanks guys :D Like I asked him once what he would do if i got pregnant and he said that it would take some getting used to on his part but that he wouldn't leave me
    Nikie352

Comment by Nikie352 (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Put the positive pregnancy test in a bag or small box and tell him you have a gift for ya.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We've been together for 3 years and we both have decent jobs but some of his friends aren't the most responsible guys and they have negative influences on him
    Nikie352

Comment by Nikie352 (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would just tell him , with no fancy dinner or cutsey hints and clues etc. Just tell him. I wonder if you are committed in this relationship ...enough to make it a real family and get married? After three years,it would seem that way. I am sorry that you got pregnant when he was not sure if he was ready.....it takes two to get pregnant but it also takes two to want to get pregnant. This is going to be a real test of your relationship---Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• When I told my husband we were young(20) and he was excited but it took awhile to get use too. Just let him know he is going to be a dad let it sink in. GL
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Before you started having a sexual relationship, I am sure that you discussed how to handle an unplanned pregnancy. Let him know that now is the time to put than plan in motion

Answer by rkoloms at 3:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010