did anyone take the US Religious Knowledge Survey??

just curious..i took the online version, and d/l-ed the pdf file for the actual survey..and was pleasantly surprised to find i only 'missed' questions having to do with Taoism.

what were your results?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I took the online one - I wish I had paid enough attention to download the other one. I only missed one, but when I saw what I missed I felt stupid because I knew it, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I didn't find the long version, but I got 15/15 on the short survey.
    What blew my mind was the question about Transubstantiation that many Catholics got wrong. It's one of the miracles the Church is built on, one of the major tenets of the faith. One of the questions is sort of misleading; Nirvana is the escape from Samsara for BOTH Buddhists and Hindus, but the word Nirvana is more closely associated with Buddhism than Hinduism.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• not sure if it's the same one...but there was one they called people randomly for and asked questions...the one that said mostly athiests got right? if that's the one, i did take it. it said i was 73% higher than the average person or something like that...but i didn't have to download anything, so maybe it's not the same one.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I got them all right, of the longer test, which I was sent a copy of from The Christian Science Monitor, the only one I didn't know was who Maimonides was. It makes me wonder who they contacted to do the poll, because those were some easy questions.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• there were a couple of questions about other religions i had no idea about...other than that i got them right. one i didn't realize...i sat there and stared at the question, i knew the answer for ME, but i didn't know for the religion itself...the one where the Catholics were taught the wine actually was (or turned into?) Jesus' blood...i clicked it was a symbol, cuz that's what I knew, i had no idea they were actually taught it was the real thing...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I missed two- In which religion are Vishnu and Shiva central figures? and When does the Jewish Sabbath begin? Both answer I missed I actually had the correct answer first but changed it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i missed one on the short version and it was about the Great Awakening...its sad cause i should have known it. i just cant believe the highest average scores for a group were at 65%! i guess most ppl just dont give a flip.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Got 14/15 on the short version.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I missed one - I didn't remember who Johnathan Edwards was. Shameful. I know now - and I'll not soon forget.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 11:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I missed 2 out of the 15. Not too bad.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010