How do I get my son to sleep alone?

I lived somewhere else when I had him and the place we were living had big dogs and concrete floors... so I held him for naps. (No money for a crib at the time) And he slept in my bed at night as well. Now we have an apartment, a crib, and a spoiled baby. Any advice?

EQuinn

Asked by EQuinn at 5:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Girl, I am with you on the sleeping alone problem! That's what it is, a problem! My son has slept with us since the day we got him home! He has a crib and a room but he's not interested in either! He hates to be alone! I have heard everything from the cry it out method which I jsut can't do it! I have bought so many soothing, musical items to help him sleep by himself! Trust me you're not alone! Hang in there! If anyone gives you advice I hope they can help me too!
    KevinsMommy0201

Answer by KevinsMommy0201 at 6:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• How old is your baby now?
    philipsmommy125

Answer by philipsmommy125 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Seeing you posted in the 0-12 month group, I have to assume your baby is less than a year old. Why do you think it a bad thing to have your baby sleep with you? Perhaps you keep the crib in your room near your bed for awhile and get him used to that. Make it a big deal as if it were his birthday. Kids respond to fun happy exciting things. Eventually he'll want to be in his "big boy bed".
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Hmm I held Gauge until he fell asleep, then laid him in his crib. Then I moved on to, when he got sleepy I laid him in his crib and stood by the bed until he fell asleep (I held his hand, gave him the passie and rubed his hair). Now he goes to sleep fairly quickly. It takes a lil while but it works.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• heres what i did. i put my baby to sleep right at 8 i bathed her i feed i changed and i burped. then WRAPED nice and tight then rocked her just a lil bit till she was almost asleep. and layed her down. and walked out of the room dont let him see u then he will want you. let him cry for about 2-5 min deepending on how old he is. if he get louder and longer rub his tummy bac and leave once he settled. be connsistant and it should be solved in 3 days. AND dont pick him up right away he works on your time. if u need more solution just send me a message
    CandiceB53

Answer by CandiceB53 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2008