How should I deal with my new friend?

At first it seemed too good to be true. I had found a friend in my neighbor whose daughter is 6 months older than my toddler. Well her daughter tends to be a bully and my daughter ends up in tears. She always takes her stuff, pushes her down etc. Well my neighbor/friend calls my daughter a crybaby and since she has made other playgroups with other Moms and she has also befriended other neighbors. Now they will hardly even talk to me. I feel as though she is badmouthing behind my back. And she stopped calling or coming by as much. She will only talk to me when she has no plans with anyone else.Recently I had helped her make 200+ cookies and barely got a thank you out of it. After that, she has canceled our plans and now makes a point to leave me out when all the neighbors get together for bbq-ing. I just need advice on how to go about this because I am really tired of being a doormat!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• She's not a real friend. I agree, move on with your life. It's amazing how many people come into your life thru your kids. You'll see this as she gets older. Have you looked for any playgroups of your own. Maybe there is something in your area, with moms from surrounding towns. Your daughter can have new playmates that aren't bullies and you'll be able to make some new friends. There are a few around my area that even have a Mom's night out once a month.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• How about just ignoring her and going on with your life and not let it bother you. If she is doing this to you, then you aren't the only one. You don't need friends like that.Keep living your life the way you seem fit, and let her be her Witchy self. It will come back to bite her on the butt.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:03 AM on Oct. 26, 2008