What is to many pets???

just curious as to what is too many pets we currently have two poodles one boy and one girl my kids want me too by a fish tank and get some fish and my oldest would like and Iguana I think they trying to turn my home into a zoo.

lilmama29113

Asked by lilmama29113 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pets

• For me, one is too many. I just like the freedom of being able to leave whenever I want and stay gone for however long I like and not have to worry about something having to be taken care of while I'm gone.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Too many pets is when you can no longer care for them they way they need to be cared for. We have 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 turtles, and some frogs. We can afford their food, my children brush, clean, feed, change litter, etc all our pets.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We have 3 dogs, 2 German Shepherds, and a Siberian Husky... My Hubby takes one a long on the road with him, so we have 2 most of the time. We also have 3 beta fish, each in their own bowl, they belong to our 3 boys. I don't think it's impossible to care for them, or find someone to care for them when we're gone. Most if not all of our friends are animal lovers so we have plenty of pet sitters.. If that doesn't work, our vet boards as well for 8.00/day...We love our furry and scaly family members, and wouldn't have it any other way. I think it also teaches our boys responsibility, caring for something other than themselves. I'm very proud of how they are with our pets.... So I wouldn't think getting some fish would be too many. As for a lizard, not my thing, but if you want one.. I would adopt one.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My boys does a good job with attending too the dogs feeding bathing and walking just wounder if the fish and iguana would be a bit too much and yes I can afford to take care off them.
    lilmama29113

Comment by lilmama29113 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• One is too many if you can't afford to give them vet care and attention and love. If I could I would have 2 furbies, but only can afford one, so that's all I'll have.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• actually my dogs went to the vet yesterday not the issue just whats too many for one household
    lilmama29113

Comment by lilmama29113 (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think it depends on the size of your pocketbook as well as your home space. And sometimes City Ordinances. Personally because of finances and living in a little house in town, I'm happy with my two cats. If I lived out in the country I wouldn't mind having a dog as well.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If the kids help out taking care of the pets you previously have then maybe you might consider more. But I would tell them the first time they didn't help out with them they would go. I had an Iguana myself and they can make quite a nasty cage so he would have to clean it out alot.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Too many pets is when you house smells of urine, your pets and kids are flea bitten, you spend more money on pet food then people food, you get the picture.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Whatever you can afford. You know who is gonna end up taking care of them if you get them...mom.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 5:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010