is my 11 year old daughter to young to date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes! 11 years old is too young to be dating, IF you are talking about going out on one on one dates with a boyfriend and no one else. 11 years old isn't too young to have a "boyfriend" in the sense of two preteens liking each other at school and talking on the phone.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, indeed she is. Unless of course, you feel she is mature enough to be a married woman and a mother.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Is this a serious question???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• umm yes.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• YES
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• YES!!! My dd is 11 and some of her friends are already "dating" and I find it ridiculous! The sooner you let the opposite sex get comfortable with one another, the sooner they start experimenting. No way is my daughter getting comfy with boys until she is much older.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sorry, then. Part of what threw me was that it was in the Hobbies & Crafts section. I have a child that age and dating is definitely not an option.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, I think so. However, if you wanted to set up some kind of "date" (if you want to call it that) where they can go to the movies together or dinner and you are there nearby, I don't think that would be too bad.
    JenPrincess88

Answer by JenPrincess88 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Way too young, and if you are the parent, this question should be a clear no to you!

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, 11 is too young but 13 would be better. Try talking to her about men and feelings then just let her have an boyfriend BUT NO DATING!!
    Adrianne678

Answer by Adrianne678 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010