If your child swallows their tooth, does the tooth fairy still come? Or is it NO TOOTH NO TOOTH FAIRY? adult content

My kids were at my parents this past summer for a 7 weeks & I found out last night that when my 8 yr old dd lost a tooth but then accidentally swallowed it because she was eating pizza at the time & it caused her to choke!! Of course she was scared because she had just choked & then realized she no longer had her tooth in her mouth & began to cry. My BITCH mother says "well, we can't tell if you're lying or not, so no tooth, no tooth fairy! Stop crying - it's ridiculous to cry over swallowing a tooth!" OMG! I flipped! Ummm, no concern about my child choking for one. My kid is devastated & scared about choking AND swallowing her tooth! And my BITCH mother tells her "NO TOOTH NO TOOTH FAIRY?!?" Well, my kids were afraid to tell me about this but it sorta spilled because my other dd who is 10 yrs old lost her tooth & I overheard her tell my 8 yr old "I'll share my tooth fairy money with you because of that time at Nanna's".

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• The tooth fairy always knows, that was a very nice thing for your DD to do. But, not what her "grandmother" did. I don't think your over reacting and I would have some words with your mother. I think your hubby is great and a good dad.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Hey the tooth fairy knows what happened to that tooth, there is still money for it!

Answer by older at 10:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• damn.. that's messed up. I am sure she could just LOOK AND SEE that a tooth is missing.
    We personally don't do tooth fairy but I surely wouldn't take it away becasue she accidently swallowed it. I'd come up with something like "the tooth fairy will use magic to get it and then leave you some money" or something along those lines.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I've never had that happen, but if it where me I would explain to your dd that you could write the tooth fairy a note explaining what happened, tooth faires understand these things, put the note under her pillow and voila!
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 10:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• The tooth fairy knows what happened, she'll leave the cash. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 10:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would be having a talk with my mother if she pulled that kind of stunt! That was just plain wrong. First you make sure the child is okay, then you reassure her! Shoot, in my house the tooth fairy would never have come if you had to have the tooth as proof. My son swallowed his a lot! That was sweet of your older daughter to offer to share her tooth fairy money. I would have left some money and a note from the tooth fairy apologizing over the mix up.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would be livid if my mother did that. What does she mean you can't prove she swallowed her tooth. Is the space in her mouth not good enough?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My son lost a tooth once and i put it in a tissue on the coffe table and one of my dogs decided to eat it.... poor thing was so upset so we wrote a letter to the toothe fairy....it was really simple he was only about 5.... and put that under his pillow. It was so cute, I still have the letter. And we gave him money under his pillow. I think what your mother did was really wrong, but I think you guys letting the toothfairy know what happened while shes there for her sister is a great idea.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• well tooth fairy's are make believe like santa clause is so because santa clause is magic and knows if you've been a good boy or girl, the tooth fairy just KNOWS too!!! i would of told my mother that i was beyond pee'd!! i have 3 kids whom has lost thier teeth already and im sure withen those 3 kids, SOMETHING happened to where they didnt have a tooth for the tooth fairy at one point but they still got thier money.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Nasty Nanna! The tooth fairy always comes right down to the last tooth.

Here's one for you all.....my Dad recently lost a tooth, I guess with age it sometimes happens? anyway my Mom put money under his pillow! I thought it was cute and fun.....we all can use a little humor in our lives! The Tooth Fairy lives on....
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2010