How can I get my child to poop more?

I have an 2 year old daughter and she has not pooped in weeks. Please help.

Adrianne678

Asked by Adrianne678 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her more fiber!

Answer by older at 10:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Give her some prune juice or puree prunes.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• WOW!! Fiber!! Do you have a Trader Joes near you? In the dried fruit section they have thse fruit leathers that are for fiber and bags of them called "Bits and Pieces". My DS LOVES them. Juices made by Bolthouse Farms are fruit smoothies with mainly pureed fruits and veggies with ALLOT of fiber. Prune Juice??
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Call the doctor asap about that. That is not healthy at all. Or try some prunes either the baby food style or the individual ones by Sun Sweet. But would do something like right now.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 10:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I make sure DD drinks two cups of juice and eats cereals with fiber in them. She poops twice a day. I agree with the other moms, I hope you've talked to doctor about this!
    MayBaby0507

Answer by MayBaby0507 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A very high fiber cereal should be eaten regularly with milk or dry and drink alot of water, cereal can be sprinlked over another cereal, yogurt in a smoothie.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Take her to the doc, like now. I'm not sure if she'd too young for this, but there is miralax. That's what my kids are given by their peds doc, but they are older. Or mag citrate. But, you have a 2 year old. If she hasn't gone is 2 weeks, she could be compacted, which is bad. You need to take her to the doc. Not wait, but go.
    Apples are really good, if she won't do prunes.
    Is she complaining about pain in her tummy? If she has, or if she's not been eating well, take her to the ER. If she's thrown up, take her, don't wait till Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday. But, today, try to get her to eat applesauce, drink apple juice. And get her to eat a more fiber enriched diet.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• She needs to drink water and water only, eat fruits and vegetables....and some whole grain foods. And talk to a doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• WEEKS?! Seriously?! If she truly hasn't pooped in weeks, her little body is being poisoned. You need to get her to an ER NOW - that poor kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Dried fruit (prunes are best), up fiber in her diet- whole grains instead of white pastas, breads, etc, and push water over juice or milk. And take her to the doctor; if it's been weeks something may not be working right.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010